The Paper Fence

A fence made from paper. Interesting...

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dreams


When you really stop to think about it, going comatose for several hours and having wild halucinations doesn't seem like it would be too appealing (for those of you who don't go to xkcd.com). Despite this, sleeping and all affiliated actions are in the top 10 of my favorite things to do. Dreaming in particular is why I look forward to going to bed at night. You could end up anywhere doing anything, completely random. At least for me. If anyone knows how to control what you dream, please tell me. Anyway, most of my dreams have me around lots of people partying or something like that in these cool places like arcades, big parks, Hogwarts (don't judge me), etc. My favorite places even come up in my dreams multiple times, like an after party dream. I hope I don't jinx myself, but I've never had a bad dream in my life. Even this one dream I had where I was in this vampire/house of the dead house turned out to be more of an escape adventure than a nightmare. Maybe it's just my optimistic side coming out. Dreams are a kind of double-edged sword, though. On the one side you get infinite amazingness, but then you get to wake up to a comparatively average and uncelebrated life. It makes me a little sad sometimes that my life can't be more exciting like in my dreams. But I wonder: if life was more like a dream, what would our dreams be like then?


1 comment:

  1. Hm...very interesting post! You're lucky you only get good dreams. Optomistic, indeed! Also, I am judging you about the Hogwarts dream, but I bet a lot of people have that. I once had a dream that a tree attacked me, so I guess yours are at least somewhat normal.

    ReplyDelete